Adams Electric awards up to eight (8) career and trade school scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each to high school seniors, who are sons and daughters of co-op members. The cooperative works in partnership with the Adams County Community Foundation to administer these scholarships. Applications, deadlines and the decision-making process vary depending on the school and the scholarship being applied for.
High School Career and Trade School Scholarship
Adams Electric awards high school seniors with plans to attend a post-secondary career or trade school. This scholarship program specifically benefits pursuits of vocational-technical school students who must become accepted in educational programs leading to certificates/degrees related to building/construction trades, cosmetology, culinary arts or vehicle technology (up to eight scholarships possible).
Any high school senior residing in Adams Electric’s service territory (regardless of high school affiliation) may apply online through the Adams County Dollars for Scholars (DFS) web portal at www.adamscountydfs.org. Applicants must create a login and personal profile on the site to apply. Applications must be submitted between Jan. 1, and April 1, 2021, to be considered. Recipients are selected by the Adams County Community Foundation, on behalf of Adams Electric, and then approved by the co-op’s board of directors. For questions using this application, please email email@example.com.
To qualify for an Adams Electric high school scholarship, each applicant must meet the following criteria:
- The student, a senior in high school, must have at least one parent or guardian currently receiving electric service from Adams Electric with an account in good standing, and the parent or guardian must live in Pennsylvania at the time of the student’s application for a scholarship.
- The student must get accepted into a vocational, technical, career or trade school.
- The student should maintain a cumulative high school grade-point average of 2.0 (80 percent) or above.
- The student should show a financial need for education assistance.
- The recipient shall be allowed to retain their scholarship for one year from the date of selection, even if they have dropped or are auditing courses if they are still incurring expenses equal to or greater than the amount of the scholarship. Scholarship funds are dispersed in $500 increments per semester, directly to the school a recipient will attend.
- All scholarships shall be in effect for one year from the date they are approved by the board of directors.
- Adams Electric Cooperative employees, directors, scholarship committee members and previous Adams Electric scholarship recipients are not eligible.