The Credentials & Election Committee is made up of 12 member volunteers, serving one-year terms, who oversee the election process. One member from each of the nine director zones is selected for the committee annually. A second committee member is also selected from the three zones where there is an open board seat.
- The Election Committee serves as a nominating committee if no petition is received from a zone with an open seat.
- Committee members fulfill their responsibilities by:
- Attending an orientation meeting and ballot certification meeting.
- Attending a member meeting, where a report of the committees’ activities is shared with the general membership.
- Attending the annual meeting, to collect and tally ballots cast in person, and announce the winners of the election.
- If an election is contested, an optional candidates’ orientation meeting may also be attended by the committee members.
- Members of the committee are reimbursed round-trip mileage and receive a $50 stipend per meeting attended.